From:
Alan Bradwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Jan 2002 14:11:05 +0000
hi all,

please help.  my ferret Rolo is a gardener, or so he thinks.

we have a very nice plant in our house, its the only one on floor level
and the only plant that Rolo can get to and thats exactly what he does.

he digs the soil out and has on a couple of occasions dug in a matter of
seconds so that the plant has no covered roots and it falls over, he then
runs off wtih what i can only describe as a grin on his little face and
mud on his guilty little feet.

it was suggested to me that putting a couple of his stools in the soil
might help because he would not like the smell, but it does not seem to
have helped.  i have put large pebbles on top of the soil but he is a
big chap and he pushes them off and in he goes.

any ideas, short of chopping his paws off will be gratefully accepted.

many thanks

alan bradwell.