Date:
Sat, 9 Feb 2008 01:03:41 -0800
I also wanted to point out that if the reason for aging a ferret is
to decide if they can have surgery or not, that's best determined by a
complete blood panel and organ screening. You can have a three year old
with terrible liver and kidney functions who is unable to go through
surgery but have a seven year old in perfect organ health who will go
through a surgery with flying colors.

I've heard too many people say "my ferret is too old for surgery."
Yes, getting enough blood for a panel is not the most fun thing in
the world, but it is so informative it is worth it.

Laryssa