Date:
Mon, 13 Oct 2008 10:31:47 -0400
Hi All:

Just a reminder that The Ariel Fund raffle has one wk left before it
closes. Closing date in 20 October, & the winners will be announced
on 21 October!

http://www.squidoo.com/TheArielFund

A reminder what this is all about: I recently met a family who got 2
ferrets from an employee of the humane society in Lima OH. They'd been
turned in by different families, the employee took them home, then sold
them to this family. One of the ferrets, a little one yr old named
Flower, died of distemper only a couple wks later. Both parents are
laid off work, have a son, plus their remaining 3 pets - the other
ferret, a cat, & a rat. They tried to get their sick ferret in for
medical care/euthanasia, but nobody would see them, as they couldn't
afford to pay in advance.

The other ferret, a 2 yr old guy, is fine - hopefully, someone down the
line bothered to get him his needed shots. The other pets are fine, as
well. However, they all need booster shots, the other ferret may need
antibiotics (just to be safe), etc. My goal is to raise the money for
them to get a thorough check-up, plus needed shots, meds, tests, etc,
for their 3 pets. They are very conscientous pet owners who have,
thanks to the ecomony, fallen upon hard times & can't give their pets
the care they know they need.

We estimate they'll need roughly $210 - 220 to cover the following:
for the ferret, an exotics exam plus all booster shots & possibly
antibiotics; for the cat, an exam, all boosters, & a feline leukemia
test; & for the rat, a thorough exotics exam & any needed meds.

At present, we're about half way there!

Any money that's left over from this raffle will start an ongoing
account , called The Ariel Fund, at the vet's office, to help out other
people who may find themselves in a situation where emergency care is
needed, but they are low on funds. There will be other raffles, etc,
to add to this account as time goes by.

100% of all proceeds go directly to the Animal Hospital of Tiffin,
Tiffin OH!!!

Thanks to all who have purchased tickets so far! Remember - the way
the economy is, job shortages, etc, *any* of us could find ourselves
in a situation like this someday.

So, time's running out. Bid early. Bid often. BID NOW!!! :-D

Thanks in advance!

Lin, Max, Puck, & Ivan, & the Fugitives - Madison & Mason
~ Missing my angel Ariel - 20 April 2000 - 20 January 2007. Wait for
  me, my Baby Girl. I miss you so much. ~
~ Missing my Oberon - 4 July 2001 - 5 May 2008 - I love you, my Big
  Silly Boy. Wait for me. ~

email me at: kay tee en eye el at double-u owe aich dot ar ar dot
see owe em