From:
The Hintons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Apr 2001 10:03:18 -0700
Taken a bit aback by Edwin Bullard's "der Fuehrer Bush" comment in the
18-19 FML, I wonder if Herr Bullard knows what part a president plays in
federal cash flow.  The president, not der Fuehrer, proposes a very general
budget.  He has any number of things to balance one against another.  He
takes very general guidance from his adivsers and from taxpayer surveys to
come up with these numbers.  He has to decide if the Coast Guard is more
important than the Commerce Department; if the National Institute of Health
is more important than the Department of Defense.  I assumer Herr Bullard
has some sort of budget of his own that requires him to make tough
decisions.  Unless he's so freakin' rich he should be supporting BFF
reintroduction.

>Of course, "Bush will be the first American president directly responsible
>for the extinction of an endangered species."

You're kidding, of course.  Not too many geological years ago there were
only 150 BFF left.

Speaking of which, I did a single Web search for BFFs.  There apparently
many organizations (including my home state of Arizona) with BFF
reintroduction programs.  Stop crying about presidents you disagree with
philosophically and find out what you can do to help out the organizations
that are still working on the reintroduction.

As you can see from the above, stupid words and snotty innuendos do nothing
useful.  They just irritate people.

All you need to do is start cloning the little vermin and their prey and
putting them out in your back yard.

By the bye, does anyone have any solid info on what cloning of endangered
species is not being tried?  Too many failures?  Too expensive up front??

Al Hinton