From:
Deborah See <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Apr 1996 08:44:00 PDT
Kathy,

I'm sorry to hear about your loss of your two ferrets.  It sounds like you
have plenty of good memories.  While you are ferretless, you might consider
becoming active with the California Domestic Ferret Association to help in
the fight to make ferrets legal in CA.  Eighteen years of ferret ownership
is a great base of knowledge to draw from.

Currently there are two things going on that they need help with.  The first
is the easiest and allows you to remain anonymous.  This is the photo drive
that Assemblyman Jan Goldsmith is sponsoring to assist in justifying the
large estimates of ferret numbers in the state.  They are looking for cute
photos of which I'm sure you must have many.

They are also looking for people to set up district meetings with their
local assembly representative to make sure that they all receive an
informational packet on ferrets.  This also shows that there is interest in
their district for a House Resolution that has recently been introduced.
This resolution will not directly make ferrets legal, and it will not go on
to the senate, however, it is meant to be a strong message to Fish and Game
to take the ferret off of their wildlife list.

One great source of information on all of the efforts is the web address
posted yesterday: //www.ccnet.com/~beisners/gsfs/weasel.html

I have checked this out and it has a great summary of information.  I was
out of the loop lately due to work and this helped bring me right back up to
speed.

Also, I am going to try to set up a meeting in district 4 with David
Knowles.  If anyone out there lives near Cameron Park/Placerville and would
like to join me, please send me email at: [log in to unmask]

I would really like to have others join me in this effort.

     Deb See