From:
Karen Black <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Tue, 17 Nov 1992 09:28:56 -0500
When Sylvester McCoy took over the role of the Doctor in "Doctor Who",
a story went about that he'd put ferrets down his pant legs in a
vaudeville act.  I asked him about that when he visited San Jose, and
he said it was true -- sort of.  His character in the vaudeville act
was a sort of "Dangerous Dave", doing stupid stunts.

The ferret act had him wearing baggy golf knickers and his assistant
putting the ferrets down his pants.  He said the main problem with the
act was keeping the ferrets moving, as they'd fall asleep in there.

It sounds like "ferret-legging" has gone from a joke to reality (if
we can believe Harpers :-)).

By the way, I took my toy ferret to the talk, and got a picture of
Mr. McCoy with it.  He mugged very nicely.

Karen Black