From:
Date:
Wed, 3 Jun 1998 19:18:13 -0700
>From:    Julie Thornton <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Muscle mass/Caging
>After altering, they've both gained weight, but they are both less...
>*dense*?  Bill, you're far more adept at applying proper terminology
>to what I'm saying.

Nope.  Can't beat that term.  Aomw of those newly altered came through us so
we'd have to say we expected it.  BUT wouldn't you say that even after the
changes they are still bulkier than early alters?  Some of those weren't the
sturdiest we'd ever seen though so you aren't seeing the best.

>From:    Staudt <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Scented Ferrets
>I don't know if this would work with ferrets or not but on my
>father-in-law's farm when he has a situation where he wants a mother to
>foster a baby, or where a mother refuses a baby, he uses baby powder on ALL
>the babies so they smell the same to the mother and usually the loner will
>be accepted.

Some folks we know recommend plain old perfume to confuse the sniffers of
ferrets when introducing them..

bill and diane killian
zen and the art of ferrets
http://www.zenferret.com/