From:
Jeanne Carley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 May 1996 19:53:59 -0400
Hello everyone,

This, I promise, will be brief.  The final vote in Committee was a whopping
11-Zip!!!  No one voted against the resolution and two folks abstained.

The ferret folks (ALL OF YOU) inside and outside of California have done a
terrific job.  Offices we visited on Monday the day before the hearing said
that they had received tons of faxes, letters and calls.

Ferret folks I heard calling into a radio show that Jan Goldsmith
participated in were so informed and articulate it was just great!  The talk
show personality actually said, "Well, I'd love to hear from the
opposition-- if there is any!" We can thank Bud Jackson and Bill Williamson
(for recommending Bud) for the excellent coverage we have been receiving.

I hope all of you will hang in there and work hard this Wednesday with your
own Assemblymembers so we can pass on the Assembly floor if Jan decides to
move it on Thursday.  A terrifically lopsided vote on the Assembly floor as
we had in Committee will be a bombshell with the Commission.

Thanks to everyone who helped out at the rally.  We had folks from all four
California groups and it went off beautifully.  And thanks to all of you who
contacted your representatives to tell them to support this issue-- it
worked!

I'm going to try to make it through the news tonight (we're going to toast
the committee, Bud Jackson, and all of you), then I plan to sleep for about
14 hours.

Sweet dreams,

Jeanne