From:
Debbi Searing <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 May 2000 12:23:05 EDT
I'm sure other people will pick up on this too, but I just had to say to
what's his name of the United Ferret Org. that if HE can predict his life
in 10 year increments, BRAVO, you are one super duper human being.  I can't
even begin to imagine where I will be in 10 years, and I'm not sure many
people can.  Should I not have gotten my ferrets and cats?  I plan on doing
the best I can to take care of them for as long as they live, but yes, if
it comes down to it, I WILL choose what's in the best interest of my
daughter first.  Is that bad????

If you really want to know how best to help the abandoned ferrets, swallow
your anger at the so-called stupid, idiot ignorant owners and HELP THE
FERRETS.  You can't help the people.  The cat and dog abandonment problem
is astronomical.  And silly as it may sound, that warning label idea
actually may be a good idea!  It's unreasonable to expect human nature to
change, so in the meantime those of us who DO care just have to put up,
shut up, and help the animals as much as we can.

Speaking of which, my ferrets are AGAIN having green seedy diarrhea.  Has
anyone ever tried anything other than Amoxi, flagyl, sucralfate, carafate,
clavamox, and biaxin?  These are all the meds we have been through, with no
success.

Thank you Betty for your understanding and thoughtfulness, which so exceeds
that of the UFO guy, and thank you Susan, for the comment about the milk of
human kindness curdling again.

debbi, the ferret gang: Merlin, Molly, and Casper; the kitty gang: Teesha,
Tobey, Peggy, and Cyco; and the human kid, Brittany--we are all surviving
on my meager fixed income!