From:
Latas Kimberly <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Apr 2002 16:21:06 -0500
Hi to all; and hope all your fuzzies are happy/healthy fuzzies!

I subscribe to, and receive an E-zine called "The Dollar Stretcher" and it
has some useful tips on saving money... we all could use more money in our
pockets, right?  This week someone posted a tip about an "odor eliminator"
that they make at home.  It is simply a ratio of 1:1 mix of water and
vodka.  They say, "spray this on clothing or upholstery and it eliminates
odors just like Febreze or other similar products".  They also say the
alcohol evaporates almost immediately so there is no odor.  Anyone want
to try it on Ferret urine and let us know how it works?

Also, there was a hint in there about flea control.  The writer said
"they've used this for years and it works extremely well: take a soup bowl
and fill it 3/4 with water, add one tablespoon of liquid dish soap and
fill the rest with rubbing alcohol.  Before you go to bed, put this in a
high traffic area and set a desk lamp over it to illuminate the bowl.  You
will be suprized at the number of fleas you will have in the bowl in the
morning.  Doing this over the course of several days in each area will
rid you of fleas".  I haven't personally tried this, as we don't have a
problem with fleas, but someone might want to give it a go!  It sure
sounds like less expensive than treating the whole carpet in the house!!

Latas Kimberly