From:
Carrie Paps <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Dec 1999 12:35:42 -0500
This year has been pretty horrible for us but I have learned what is really
important is the world and I would like to share it with you.

Faith: The faith that things will get better and the faith to accept them
as they are.

Love: Realizing how very much I love and am loved by many people and
fuzzies.

Friendship: Discovering who our real friends are and having them support us
in our time of need.  Even if it is only listening to my cry.

The kindness of strangers: Just when you think the world has gone to pot,
I swallowed my pride and asked for help.  I received so much more than
just financial help for caring for my fuzzies.  I received letters of
inspiration, friendship, and support.  Most of all, I received the
reassurance that there are wonderful people out there, all you have to do
is ask and they will be there for you.

But the thing that I have learned that has touched me the most this year is
inner peace.  I can't change the things that have happened and I may not be
able to change that things that will happen, but I have developed an inner
peace that allows me to accept them and to find joy where I can.  Yesterday
I walked into the ferret room and saw Buzz and Tigger spooning each other,
they looked so soft, warm, and content.  I looked at Pip, I see the hair
growing back on him, I see the joy in his eyes because he is feeling
better.  I see Dweezil sleeping with the tip of tongue hanging out, and
Scooter having fuzzy dreams.  In the other cage, Ozzy wrapped around Angel
keeping her warm, the joy that she shows after having the tail tumor
removed makes it all worth it.  Bud, Ben, and Luna in a giant Ying Yang
symbol.  Thor is up and looking at me, when I open the cage door he runs
up the door and jumps into my arms and gives me kisses.

This is what Christmas means to me.  Not gifts, but reflection on the good
things in my life.

May everyone have a very Happy Holiday season, whatever holiday you
celebrate.  Take time to reflect on what is important and then you will
feel a little of my gift to you, inner peace and fuzzy hugs.

Carrie