From:
Lori Nisja <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Nov 1997 12:52:36 -0600
Hi, it's me again.  I got the bloodtest results and the CBC showed that her
liver enzymes are high and her liver protein (albumin) is WAY LOW.  They
want to do exploratory surgery of her liver to look for a possible tumor or
other abnormality.  They are going to take a biopsy of the liver also.
Unfortunately, the soonest the vet that's the "ferret expert" there only
does surgeries on Thursdays, and since Thanksgiving is this Thur, she can't
have her surgery until Dec 4.  I'm just hoping that she can make it that
long on what little bit she's eating/drinking.  The Science Diet AD (alone)
seems to make her nauseated, so I'm mixing it w/ferretvite and chicken baby
food.

On another note, (I know this will probably sound like an absurd
question/request, but I'm needing something to look forward to).  Does
anyone know of any breeders (or available ferrets) in the Minneapolis area?
I want to get 2 male ferrets for xmas (one for me and one for my bf).  I
left an email message weeks ago asking the same thing, but I haven't gotten
a reply yet.

Thanks in advance
Lori, Jeff,
Katie and Kaylin (the babies)