From:
Katie Fritz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Apr 1992 10:50:38 -0400
Chris, have there been any issues since 242?  The power was
[nope]
off to my building Sunday, including to the computer that
my e-mail is on, causing a disruption in e-mail service & the
loss of some mail.  If so, would you send them again?  If not,
let me know, and I'll relax. . .

Bandit had his 2nd chemo treatment Saturday & it went well
after they got him to hold still by offering him Nutrical (Jeff
& 2 vet assistants couldn't hold him down but FOOD got his
attention!).  Apparently it is very important for this second
treatment to go directly into a vein.  Dr. Jeglum said he looked
great, & had gained weight since she last saw him (March 26 vs.
April 4).  We are to give him Nutrical three times a day instead
of twice to try to get his weight up some more.  Sukie, we
called JB Pet Supplies & ordered 6 tubes of Nutrical at $3.45 a
tube -- great deal!!  Our regular vet charges $7 a tube.

Pogo seems to have been accepted finally -- they've stopped beating
him up (though Bandit pounded him on Friday).  Yesterday we moved
their cage so it's next to a window so they will get more light --
after reading a lot of back issues from the listserver about
ferrets & natural light.

Chris, I've recently been introduced to rec.pets (NOW I know
what you were talking about when you said reading the FML was
like reading Usenet -- I didn't know what Usenet was then) --
and there has been some talk recently about starting a ferret
newsgroup.  If this comes about, I hope it does not mean
the end of the FML -- newsgroups are interesting but I much
prefer the mailing list.  I want you to know how much I appreciate
your efforts & I hope others do to!!!

Katie, Jeff, Bandit, Molly, Charlie & Pogo