From:
Caryl Rion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Mar 1998 14:08:32 -0500
Thank you to everyone who sent me information on updating my midwest ferret
cage.  We bought the supplies and plan to work on it this weekend.

Now I need some more suggestions!

We are going to be having an out of town guest for the next few months.
Until September to be exact.  We have given him the family room which was
where the ferrets were kept.  This was a ferret proofed room and worked
great for them.  We were going to put the ferrets into the spare bedroom but
then decided to set up both cages in the garage which is connected with the
house.  The spare bedroom is nice but unfortunately there are no windows -
only skylights, and it gets kind of stuffy in there.  It stays much cooler
in the garage during the day.  We don't plan to use the AC when we are not
home so we figured they would be better off in the cooler room.

I am concerned about the amount of sunlight they will get.  There are no
windows in the garage so I have been putting the light on in the morning
when I leave for work.  When I get home I open the garage door to get some
fresh air and take them into the house for some playtime.  I then put them
to bed around 10:00 w/ the lights out.

Does this sound like an okay plan?  I feel really mean for putting them in
the garage but I think that they will be more comfortable.  I cried last
night putting them out there but it was probably cooler for them than it was
for us.  It has been warmer than usual here and if this is a sign of things
to come, it will be a brutal summer.

Any suggestions would really help.

Thanks,
Caryl, a really depressed ferret mom