Date:
Mon, 9 Aug 1999 09:49:24 -0700
Hi to all!

Just wanted to say thank you to Kat for her post, I never did "flame" the
owner of Tiffers, yet I am the one who tried to make amends.  Michel, you
do not understand how passionate people are about ferrets on this list,
therefore, you also need to re-read the original post from Tiffers owner
from that perspective.  DONE.

I would like to thank so many of the wonderful people who helped out with
yesterday's Washington State Ferret Association event.  June, Andrea, Ann,
Carol and so on (just to name a few).  Everyone should give themselves a
big hand for their efforts!  I want to make sure that you all get the
recognition you deserve.  These are great people, folks!  Hopefully, there
will be more people next year (perhaps it will not be scheduled the same
day as Seafair).  It was wonderful to have Tracy Kilmer and Don Brand at
the event (they drove six hours for it).  I really enjoyed meeting Jeanne
Carley also, she is very nice!

Ferret math struck again!  I adopted a baby boy from Don Brand (Brand
Ferrets of Spokane) yesterday.  He is an adorable "calico" that is light
silver with chocolate guard hairs, mitts and a blaze.  VERY BEAUTIFUL and
sweet!  Thank you, Don, for reserving this baby for me.  Now I must think
of a good name.  Any suggestions?

On a negative note:
I am curious as to how the post about the Cherokee shelter got through
Bill.  I commend the author for informing everyone about this but I am also
very angry that it was allowed, as a similar post I made awhile back, was
not.  I tried to post about a shelter/breeder that is in my area and has
been reported to the SPCA several times (this person stopped posting on
this board recently).  I am assuming that Bill just missed the post and it
slid through?  KUDOS to the author for warning everyone.

Well, I must go feed and medicate Rasta.  I am sure he is eager to have his
breakfast.  Does the handfeeding ever stop?

Take care~