From:
"Bostrom, Michael A" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Jul 1998 08:25:13 -0700
I just love saying that.  Ka-Boing!  I call my newest ferret by his name
often just to say it.  Come here Ka-Boing!  I even like it when he gets
into trouble.  Get out of there Ka-Bong!  What are you into now Ka-Boing!

I am happy to say that Ka-Boing! now has a full coat of fur.  It's all
growed back.  He's also put on weight.  His top end is close to normal, but
his lower belly area seems to be putting on too much weight.  He's turning
into an eggplant.  I just hope he don't turn purple.  He's gotta go in for
a rabies shot here soon, so I'll double check with the vet cuz I know there
are some heart problems that can cause such vegetablistic weight
distribution (ok, I know an eggplant is technically a fruit, but fruitistic
didn't sound as good).

I have found out how sharp his teeth are though.  Dang sharp!  He laid my
finger open pretty good.  Of course, it was mostly my fault.  Let me
explain.  Now that Ka-Boing!'s health is more up to snuff, I've started the
process of introducing him to The Weezils of Doom.  He got along fine with
Ricochet, Turbo, and Mr. Lugnut Chain with only minor tussles and a whole
lotta butt-sniffin'.  But Insanity, the eternal butthead, was a different
story.  I knew from past introductions that Insanity thinks he's the head
honcho and needs to let the new ferrets know it.  Basically, he beats the
tar out of them til they submit to his will (talk about a nerve-racking
experience the first time this happened).  So I get set up for the intro of
Ka-Boing! and Insanity (actually it was more like getting set up for a
wrestling match).  I blocked of the hallway to give me a controlled area,
got the ferretone and ferretvite handy.  Then I threw the to combatants in
the ring together.  True to form, Insanity immediately attacked Ka-Boing!
I suddenly had a ball of fur and teeth rolling around the hallway at about
Mach 12.  It looked like they were getting too rough, so like an idiot I
reached down with my bare hands to separate them.  That's when Ka-Boing!
mistook my finger for the back of Insanity's neck and clamped down.  Hard.
I think he finally realized it was me and not Insanity when his teeth hit
bone.  when he realized his error, he let go but the damage was done.  I
now had four holes in my finger, all bleeding profusely.  I quickly
resorted to the Ferretone and Ferretvite to distract them and get them
separated.  Then I put both of them back in their cages.  We had all had
enough of the intro for the day.  I have a feeling this is going to be a
long intro process cuz unlike the other ferrets, Ka-Boing!  ain't taking
none of Insanity's crap.  He's not submitting as easily as the other
ferrets did.  I think Insanity may have met his match.

The thing that amazes me is when Ka-Boing! bit me, he did some pretty good
damage.  But the two were biting each other just as hard and there wasn't a
scratch on either of them.  It just shows how tough their skin actually is
(or how wimpy my human skin is).

For those of you concerned about the missing 63 VW Bug, never fear.  It has
been found.  Ka-Boing! had stolen it to impress the other ferrets and hid
it under my dresser.  I thought I had to reach a little higher to get a
pair of underwear.

May your fingers remain unperforated,
Limejello & The Weezils of Doom

"The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese"