From:
Pat Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Mar 1997 16:52:26 -0700
Well,
I'll give most people around here credit in that they usually guess that the
ball of fur on the end of the leash or peeking out of my jacket is a ferret.
The tone of the question "Is that a ferret?" ranges from one of gleeful
curiosity to one of utter disgust.  Bjerknes and I have had a couple of
interesting encounters though.

While attending my (now ex) girlfriend's family reunion, I took Bjerk for a
walk outside the hall the first night we were there.  A short while later,
she came out and informed me that one of her farmer-relatives had walked in
announcing "There's some guy out there with a gopher on a string!"

Then, a couple of weeks ago, I took Bjerk for a stroll around the local
trendy shopping area.  There were 3 or 4 teenagers on bikes at one corner,
and one of them saw Bjerk poking his head out of my jacket and yelled, "Hey,
that guy's got a hermit in his coat!" Oh well, I think he was on the right
track anyway.

--
Pat Smith - [log in to unmask]
Visit Bjerknes, Calamity & Bongo at: