From:
Sunshine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Jan 2000 21:14:40 -0800
I have heard different things regarding shelter visits with your ferret:
1) Take your ferret with you to the shelter to allow your ferret to
   decide a compatible partner
2) don't take your ferret with you since shelter ferret's may have medical
   conditions that you may pass on to your pet.

When taking your ferret to a shelter could anyone please list precautions
an owner should take?  It seems to me that the same problem would arise
with pet shops, since you can come into contact with ECE and fleas/mites
there as well.

What precautions as a shelter operator are taken when a customer brings
their ferret in to seek adoption so no medical condition is brought to you?

I know that everyone has their own thoughts or opinions regarding this
issue, but is there a simple rule to follow when deciding whether or not to
take your fuzzie to the shelter with you?

Debbie