From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Jan 1995 15:48:38 -0500
This message is for Dr. Williams but may be of interest to all.

Dr. Williams,
        My female, very small 680gms max, just had about 2" of tail removed
for a small tumor on the end.  She's lost about 100gms and has urine in her
blood as well.  I caught this tumor very early.  Dr. Gondolfi, my vet, is
going to be sending you a tissue sample.
        My question is, during the blood work up for her surgery, Dr. Gondolfi
found a high lymphosite count.  What could be causing this?  The lab tests on
the urine (after 24hrs) are neg.  We are waiting for the 48hr. results.  If
they are negative as well, what would cause the blood in the urine?  I am
concerned on both fronts.  I trust and believe in my vet without reservation
but a second opinion would be welcome.
        Tavvi is doing extremely well, post op.  She was up bouncing and dooking
the next morning like nothing had happened.  She is back with her brother and
sisters now, 36hrs after surgery.  She's really kinda cute with her 'flag'
waving in the air while she's busy playing.
        Anything you can add would be appreciated.
        I would also like to take this time to thank you for being a central
clearing house on 'ferret' medical information.  I know you're primarily a
pathologist but without you guys where would we be?

Mom and her kids.