Date:
Sat, 21 Aug 1999 11:02:23 -0500
>Much of this stuff is extremely hard to obtain, including foreign and
>obscure references.

Bob, if you find anything in French, let me know & I'll help you out with
it.  Please e-mail me directly at [log in to unmask] as it will be easier
than scanning through an FML.

>Does anybody else out there catch hell about how many pets they have or
>am I the only one?

We have one ferret, one Great Dane, three cats, two birds (all of which
were rescues of some sort), two aquariums and a terrarium with frogs.  I
get gentle teasing from my Mom "you guys are going to be on the news
someday, like the 'little old lady with 30 cats'.", my friends basically
just shake their heads at me and give my "why?" looks.  But one friend did
wish me a happy Mother's Day this past May.  I said "I don't have any
kids", and she said "Well, you're Mom to all your animals".  I'm still
surprised that one of *my* friends thought like that!

"Also, I have discovered Einstein loves birdseed!  I have been watching the
little rat and when he thinks I'm not looking, he sneaks up to the bird
cage and steals seedballs!" Rosie also 'ferrets' around in the tray,
picking up the pieces that Ozzie and Nana have dropped.  Goliath used to
do the same thing.  We feed a mixture, but some of the pieces are really
fruity-smelling and I think that's what she goes for.  In my house, the
ferret eats the birds' food and stashes the dog's food; the cats flip
ferret food out of the dish through the cage bars and eat it; the dog eats
whatever falls on the floor.....