From:
Barbkitty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Jul 1996 21:18:15 -0500
Hello, ferret friends.
I've had my Seymour for nearly a year and a half. A year and a half with
just Sweet Seymour. But yes, indeed the inevitable has taken place. "Ferret
Math" has finally occured in the Thomas household! So now I am very proud
to introduce my new little girl.....
                **ESPRESSO!!**
I ended up with her by chance, really. I went to work one day and there was
a note taped to the time clock. It said something to the effect of "Barbara,
This lady called who has a ferret she can't keep. Can you help her? Do you
know someone?" The lady had vaccinated the ferret at the vet clinic I work
for, and had called the kennel to see if we could help her find a home for
her. I called the number on the note and talked to the woman. Without even
having seen the little fuzzie, or even knowing her name, I decided to take
her. I went to pick her up immediately. She's an adorable little ferret.
She's dark sable with a tiny face. She is very well behaved and, just like
Seymour, doesn't bite at all! Not even little nibbles. The little cutie was
only 4 months old and had just been bought from the pet store. The lady was
moving and couldn't have her in the new apartment. I offered her $30, which
she accepted, and she offered the cage too, but it was smaller than Seymour's
and I don't cage them anyway, so I had no need for it. I took the food and
a toy with me though, and went back to work, thinking to myself, "Boy is my
hubby gonna love this!"

He didn't mind, though.  She charmed the pants off him right away, as well
as the rest of us!  The previous owner had named her Espresso and we found
no fault with that name, so it stayed.  Seymour loves her and Psycho- kitty
doesn't mind her much.  He's a playful cat and actually seems to like the
ferrets.  There was very little biting and dominance display, which was a
pleasant suprise.  She only had to sleep in the cage one night before I
trusted sweet Seymour with her.  That was several days ago and it's still
going along splendidly!  Only problem so far is that 'Spresso doesn't seem
to be litter trained.  At least not very well.  *Grumble*...But then,
Seymour doesn't seem to be, either *Grumble, grumble*.  But they are worth
it, no?  :-) So that's the scoop on the new kid!  If anyone has any tips for
the new ferret, I'd be happy to here it, seeing as how I didn't have the fml
during most of my Seymour's kithood.  Farewell,

--Barbara Thomas and her growing collection of beasties!