From:
"FRITZ, GINA M." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Aug 1996 13:11:00 EDT
Hi Fellow Ferret Lovers:

Not to be a pest for posting twice but I wanted to let you all know that my
coupon book from Dosh & Asso. came in on Friday.  I am going to fill it out
this weekend and send it in.  If it works out, I am going on a campaign with
my family and the people I work with.  Why not?  It was $25 for a book, you
can save $200.  But if you only saved (for what ever reason) $20 wouldn't it
be worth it to know your dollars are going to benefit a fuzzy.  Money is
very tight in our house.  I clip newspaper coupons and the other day I saved
$21 in coupons.  I think its worth it.

Someone was asking about Ferret Credit Cards.  I was at the exotic pet show
in Edison NJ and I was taking to a women from "Adopt-A-Pet".  (All the
animals are in foster homes until they are placed) She gave me an
application for a credit card were a certain percent of the charges go to
the "Adopt-A-Pet" program.  I haven't read the fine print put it is 11% APR.
And since my current credit card company went from 9.9% to 16.9% I am
changing.  (My "Promotional Offer" was up......Screw them credit card
companies are a dime a dozen) And since I am one of those people that always
uses my credit card I would rather have some money go to a shelter.

Also, the local animal shelter in my area just started something new.  Just
an idea for some of the shelter moms out there.  It's called "Adopt-A-Pet
Program".  (Different from the one above) The way it works is for $10 a
month you adopt a shelter pet of your choose.  The $10 goes for the medical
fees, food, bedding etc.  You are allowed to spend time with your adopted
pet.  Bring them presents, play with them etc.  It's kind of like it's your
pet but someone else is keeping it for you.  Some of you are probably saying
why not just adopt the pet?  There are alot of reasons why people wouldn't
adopt a pet but would like to "sponsor" one.  When I lived in a condo I
couldn't have a dog, but at that time I certainly would have sponsored one.
Just some food for thought.  If you are really interested, let me know I
have the article on my fridge at home.

One question now.....I know cedar chips are not good for ferrets.  I have a
three story cage.  I have cedar chip on the metal part of the bottom of the
cage.  The part that catches the food and poops that go through the cage.
Then on the bottom of the cage I have linoleum.  So my girls never touch the
cedar chips.  Is this dangerous?

Thanks

Gina