From:
Judith White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 May 2002 00:14:10 -0400
 ... and one of them was by me.  Ah well.

I don't know if there ever were six ferrets, but there definitely were
four.  One was a lost boy who was reclaimed by his owner.  The other three
were surrenders for the usual lame reasons.  I visited them yesterday and
reported my finds to Chrissy Smith, who first told me about them, and to
Dale Nupp.

I hadn't really intended to get another ferret until I knew if Rebecca was
going to bring her two home to me.  Dale had only been intending to get
one ferret.  Instead, he agreed to take the 4yo pair, a sable female and
a silver male, so that they wouldn't be split up.

I absolutely agonized over the single 2yo male mitt.  It wasn't really the
idea of getting another ferret when I might also have two more soon.  It
was mourning and reluctance to commit again... mourning because this would
be an act of beginning to replace my recent losses of Kermit, Eloise,
Muggsie and Sabine (especially Muggsie who was also a mitt); reluctance
because this would be one more ferret I would fall in love with who would
break my heart.  I'm already in love with Rebecca's guys, but here was a
whole new sweet pointy little face.

But I took the plunge and he's lots of fun (duh!  he's a ferret).  He came
with the name Bud but I will change that soon.  He has his own room for
the moment for health and socialization reasons, but I'm already sure he
will be a great joy (after they fight it out) to Martin who so much needs
a young friend.  I hope he doesn't aggravate Zoe and Jake, my 7 and 6 yos.
But it will work out.  Let the healing begin.

Blessings
Judith
--
* * * Support Our Shelters * * *