From:
"A. Abate/C. Kinsey" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Jun 2000 02:51:20 -0400
A couple days ago we posted our urgent need for donations for surgery for
two shelter ferrets.  We sincerely thank those kind people who responded.
One gentleman made the excellent suggestion that we provide the
name/address of our vet, for those who prefer to make a donation directly
"the source".  Since most of our money goes to the vet (!), that would be
just fine with us:

    Dr. Mary Hopkins
    Mountain Home Veterinary Clinic
    P.O. Box 67
    Howard, CO 81233

Please enclose a reference that this is a donation to the surgery fund for
Ferret Rescue of the Western States.

Our vet has become an expert in ferret surgeries, having done more than 100
adrenal surgeries to date and numerous other exploratories.  She is very
skilled, very compassionate and generally charges from $100-$150 for an
adrenal surgery.  Sometimes less when we are in great need.

Thanks to all of those of you who care and appreciate what we do.  The
nature of the ferret shelter business is changing-- and not for the better
I don't think.  We have had several relinquishments lately of healthy
ferrets not more than 6 months old.  One was 5 weeks, one was 3 months.
I do wish people would give such a purchase more thought.

Thanks from all of us here at Ferret Rescue of the Western States,
Colorado Springs