From:
Katherine Kuckens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Apr 1997 22:14:32 -0400
Dear Bob Church,

I would love to host you on your travels.  But first you must acknowledge
the excellence of ALL my ferret limericks which I dutifully posted to the
FML and which YOU inspired me to write.  THEN you have a good chance at
sumptuous lodgings on your choice of hard floor, comfy guest room, sock
drawer, or pine pellets.  And my four ferrets will welcome you.

Actually, we are 40 minutes from New Haven which probably won't work for
you.  But if it does, you are welcome.  And why would you want to go to
Pittsburgh twice?

By the way, I am also a starving American graduate student and I bet I'm
lots older than you and therefore capable of generating more sympathy.  But
bones are not my bailiwick, just boneHEADS, that is, elementary school
students.

As for ermines in paintings, there is a website that is one of my favorites:
ferrets in art history.  It's a hoot:
http://www.tiac.net/users/drbeer/joyce/ferrets/frhistpg.htm.

Kat