From:
"S. Jones" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Feb 1999 17:03:51 -0800
1)  Response to Irene O'Donnell (re: ferret names)
Well, I got a boy first.  My 8 year old daughter kept trying to name it
George or Tom or Ralph.  I told her I wanted an unusual name.  So she
finally came up with "Sado" (sounds like a Japanese word).  So I said okay.
Within one minute, we were calling him "Soda" as it was easier to say!

A couple months later, due to ferret math, we were buying a baby girl at
the pet store to be a companion to Soda.  As the gal behind the counter was
writing out the paperwork, she said aloud to a co-worker that the kit was a
cinnamon ferret.  My daughter piped up and "Cinnamon".  That's a beautiful
name!

I didn't get any unusual names, but I'm so in love that it just doesn't
matter!

2)  Response to Robynn McCarthy (re: Super Pet cages)
I too think the large Super Pet cage is wonderful.  I love the way the cage
sits a couple inches above the plastic tub floor, and lifts out easily to
make cleaning a breeze.  As well, having the entire top lift off makes
access better too.

The danger is in the doors, though, through human error.  The door and cage
edges shut tightly without a space gap.  My daughter accidentally closed
the cage door too fast on our little girl fuzzy's toes.  It is absolutely
horrible to hear a ferret scream!  Luckily, she and her pinched toes were
a-ok.