From:
Lori Christian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Sep 1999 00:24:05 -0700
Working on Christmas tunes on my dulcimer.  The repetitive nature of
practice encourages the mind to wander.  Ferrets begging round the ankles
provides inspiration.  --Lo

THE TREAT SONG
(to the tune of "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen" -- copyright Lori Christian,
1999, will probably let you use it if you ask nicely  ;-)

We ferrets want banana chips.
We want some apple too.
Then all the socks we've sto-o-len
We might return to you.
And car keys and remote control and e'en your long-lost shoe.

We are ferrets and we all want some treats.
Lo-ots of treats!
We are fe-e-rrets and we MUST have our treats.

You say you've no banana chips?
That isn't very nice.
You don't have any a-a-pples?
Not even one small slice?
Then rai-ai-sins or Cheerios will just this once suffice.

CHORUS

Your lack of tasty rai-ai-sins
Won't win you any praise.
The scarcity of Cheerios,
Has caused a deep malaise.
You best come up with something quick or we will pout for days.

CHORUS

Though Bob C's chicken gra-a-vy
is quite the tasty food,
We don't want any right now, thanks.
We just aren't in the mood.
Red licorice or peanut butter would be pretty good.

CHORUS

You don't have those things ei-ei-ther?
Our wrath you do excite.
We want some treats, we want them now.
You understand our plight?!?!?!
What's that you have behind your back? It looks like FERRETVITE!

Now we'll dance and dook because we get a treat.
Our favorite treat!
Now we'll dance and dook because we get a treat.

-Lori