From:
Carol Owens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Nov 2003 07:44:18 -0700
Ha!  I finally figured out how to keep the little floor dusters out of
the refrigerator bottom.  When we moved we got a new Maytag side-by-side
refrige and the grill comes up from the floor just enough for ferret
investigators to see what's under there.  I had placed a 2x4 piece of
lumber in front of the grill but of course that is easily moved.  So I
put on my thinking cap- and found my 3M two sided mounting squares.  The
flooring is sheet vinyl, and I cleaned it first with alcohol, then put
several mounting squres on the wood and turned it over onto the floor.
Voila!  No more inspections.  Maybe they will give up after a while.

If this helps anyone else I'm happy to share.

About the litter question, I've been a stove pellet user for several
years and love it.  Cheap, takes out the odors, yes, a little messy when
it gets under foot.  Anyone new who wants my plan for a sifter to remove
what has gotten wet and returns to sawdust may email me and I'll send the
plan.  It's just an open box with quarter inch hardware cloth in the
bottom.

Carol Owens