Date:
Wed, 17 Jun 1998 02:21:11 -0700
>I couldn't believe my ears when an animal control officer for the City of
>Las Vegas told me that ferret owners are required to have a wild animal
>permit for their ferrets!

Something doesn't sound right there.  The State of Nevada recognizes the
ferret as a domestic animal and puts no restrictions on it what-so-ever.
Counties in Nevada cannot classify animals differently than the state.
Clark County may well require some sort of license or permit for 'exotic'
animals and the ferret may well still be listed there.  I would call the
city attorney and ask for a copy the city code that defines the ferret as
'wild'.  Then, if it DOES state that, contact the State Division of Wildlife
in Reno, Nevada and talk to Steve Albert, Staff Game Warden.  702 688-1500.

MC  (The Rude One)