From:
Linda Iroff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Oct 2003 19:27:22 -0400
WOW! You guys were wonderful!

We feel the 2003 International Ferret Symposium was a great success.
But it would not have been any good at all without NUMEROUS people who
generously gave of their time, skills and efforts.

First, we want to thank our generous sponsors Petco and Parrots of the
World.  Money isn't everything, but it is a big help in putting on this
kind of event. :-)

We want to thank our fellow committee members who help with the many
tasks that needed to be done and the decisions that needed to be made:
Sukie Crandall, Danee DeVore, Renee Downs, Alicia Drakiotes, Troy Lynn
Eckart, Bill Gruber and Betty Janner.  We are very pleased to announce
Sharon Beardon is our newest committee member.  This soft-spoken
unassuming woman is a dynamo in disguise!

We want to thank the speakers: Catherine Bell, Jeanne Carley, Bob Church,
Alicia Drakiotes, Sally Heber, Dr. Deborah Kemmerer, Dr. Brett Middleton,
Dr. Hanneke Moorman, Dr. Jerry Murray, Rebecca Stout, Pam Troutman, Dr.
Bruce Williams and Dr. Heather Wilson.  These people shared with us an
incredible wealth of knowledge, experience, insight and ideas that will
help many of us make life better for our ferrets.

We want to thank all the regional coordinators: Alayne Avery, Lynn
Barker, Kris Barnes, Sharon Beardon, Mary Jo Bright, Keri Burleson,
Aprille Campbell, Marsha Crowell, Kathy Fritz, Terri Gavin, Patti
Higgins, Betty Janner, Brenda Johnson, Beth Kerr, Kristeen Kohrs, James
Leary, Lisa Leidig, Vicki Montgomery, Francine Prager, Nancy Propper,
Lydia Russell and Laura Spearman.  I am pleased to announce that Fran
Prager is our new Volunteer Volunteer!!

Thank you to Betty Janner for putting together the wonderful program,
Bill Gruber for moderating and keeping us kinda on schedule, Fran Prager
for doing the name tags and organizing the on-site volunteers, and Laura
Spearman for the wonderful cake!  (Somebody ask about that!)

There were also numerous volunteers who jumped in and helped when needed
and we can't tell you how much we appreciated it!

We want to thank all the generous people, organizations and companies who
donated items for our raffles and auctions.  There is a list of 64 of
them in the Symposium Program, and MANY more who donated on site.  The
raffle and auction are our main profit source, and we did quite well this
time.  (Details announced when available.)

We want to thank the vendors, who gave the attendees a wonderful shopping
experience with a wide variety of ferrety items despite the unfortunately
crowded conditions.

And most of all, we want to thank ALL the attendees.  You forgave the
minor problems that came up, and gave showed your devotion to ferrets
and ferret friends.  You were interested and open to new ideas.  You
were warm and welcoming to new people.  YOU are the ones that made this
a success!

Linda Iroff
Judy Cooke
Julie Fossa