From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Jul 2007 14:34:35 -0400
No, I have not heard of that but pacemakers have been implanted in a
few ferrets who were large enough for them when they stood a chance of
helping. Dr. Debbie Cottrell has done that (See refs under her past
last name of Kemmerer.) and I think the AMC may be where a NE ferret
had one done, but honestly can NOT recall which hospital or vet was
used, so could easily be wrong.

In PubMed ferrets come up in transplants involving teeth, small
intestine, nerve tissue, etc. None come up as heart transplant. Of
course, ferrets are used an models for many things so there may be
some work that isn't in their files, yet, or isn't published, yet,
so the search engine may have missed something.

Sukie (not a vet)

Recommended ferret health links: