From:
Andy Coghill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Dec 2000 17:10:38 -0600
Howdy, FMLers.

Dooks to the ferts and kind thoughts to the sick ones (as well as the
people they own).

When I joined this list about 8 months ago, I inquired about Auotimmune
Hemolyitic Anemia and whether anyone else had experience with this in
ferrets.  I got only one response (I believe) which said that it was
doubtful that my ferret -- who had been so diagnosed -- had AIHA.  With
the additional knowledge that I have now, I tend to concur; I believe that
he had insluinoma and the emergency vet just wasn't up on his ferret stuff.
But the reason for my post:

When Fossa was diagnosed, he showed the following symptoms: lethargy,
refusal to eat, dehydration, and difficulty walking (when he would).  All
of these now make me think insulinoma.  HOWEVER, the other symptom -- which
I have never heard discussed on the FML and which led to the diagnosis of
AIHA -- was that his urine was bright GREEN.  I mean, we're talking color
ranging from pine green to Lime Gatorade.  Unfortunately, he went into a
seizure and could have been saved if either of us knew to just get out the
Karo...

Does anyone have a possible explanation for the green pee?  Dr. Williams?

-- Andy and the five Sock Pirates
Lily ("Just leave me alone... except for you, Dad.  Kiss, kiss, kiss.")
Cody ("I just want to snuggle.")
Tripod Bob ("Look out everyone!  I'm gonna kick -- well, knee -- your
butt!")
Ifdaschuwitz "Witzy" ("I'm no scared of you no more, Bob...")
Oscar ("Can't we all just get along?")
 ... with Fossa and Socrates waiting at the Bridge...