Date:
Mon, 31 May 1999 03:19:42 -0500
Today I found my old plastic Yamaha recorder (my mother SWEARS she doesn't
know how it got to the back of the top shelf of the bookcase in the dining
room).  I was in my room, playing a few notes and messing around, and I
heard a rustling under the bed.  Dervish popped her head out and just
stared, transfixed.  She just sits and stares whenever I play it.

I'm not sure if she really likes it, really hates it, or just really can't
figure out what the weird noise is.

[If you don't know what a soprano recorder sounds like, it's sort of like
a flute, only more whiny.  Let me put it this way: if you break out a
recorder at a party, people will probably all need to go refresh their
drinks as soon as you do. :-)  I love it, which shows how odd I am.]

As for ferret dancing, I prefer to lead, unlike the supplicant Ed Lipinski
(whose writing style is very similar to that of Friedrich Nietzsche,
Dervish claims ... she's an academic fert).

Of course, we're in Texas, so Dervish and I salsa more than we polka.  She
doesn't like the spins in the polka, anyway.  However, she is absolutely
nuts about the latest Tito Nieves CD.

-(TX) Meghan and Dervish the WonderFerret ("How can I boot-scoot boogie
with four feet?")