Date:
Mon, 13 Sep 2010 20:12:11 -0700
I have a 4ish year old ferret. He was fixed but not descended because
hewas a late neuter.

He is a real sweetheart and handsome champagne.

I noticed that he has a lump oblong in shape a little 3/4 inch long and
about 1/2 wide on one side of his anus and another a little smaller on
the other side.

I'm guessing these are blocked scent glands. I've never had to deal
with this and I really don't know what should be done about them. He
doesn't seem to be bothered by right now but ferrets are so good at
hiding pain and illness.

Any suggestions? I do plan on getting him to the vet but I don't know
if this is an asap thing or if it can wait for payday (actually I need
a couple paydays). If its and asap thing then I'll find a way but I
need to know what I'm dealing with. His welfare is most important.

Thanks

Mike