From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Jun 2001 21:33:38 -0700
Congratulations to California on passing the Senate Appropriations
committee for the first time!  Ferrets made the news in San Diego today.
The Union-Tribune had an article with some nice words about ferret owners
(as well as a few nasty quotes from ferret opponents).  It's online at:

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/uniontrib/fri/news/news_1n1ferrets.html.

Also, Channel 8 had a great segment featuring an interview with one of our
local Ferrets Anonymous members.  It was very upbeat and cute, with many
adorable shots of ferrets eating whipped cream, going for walks, and
playing with their toys.

Most of the people I've spoken to lately about ferret legalization have
been very supportive.  Unfortunately, a few have expressed pessimism about
the chances of ever removing the ban in California.  I would like to
emphasize that this is not a time for pessimism, nor is it the time for
complacency.  Now is the time for action.  There are still obstacles in
the way of ferret legalization, but they can be overcome if every
Californian who loves ferrets writes to their senator, their
assemblymember, and Governor Davis to express their opinion.  Have you
written to your representatives yet?  You haven't?!  Then do it today.
Yes, really, go do it.  Once you've done that, then get out and start
collecting signatures.  All right, am I starting to sound bossy yet?
The ferrets made me do it! :o)

Hugs to all the fursnakes!
Julie