Date:
Tue, 18 Oct 2005 21:49:41 +0100
Dear All,

Firstly, thank you to all those who emailed me.  You gave me so much
strength and all the support I needed to take Eric in today.  I also
printed off your emails and gave them to my vet (she asked for them)
to look at other possible ways of treating Eric.  Apologies for not
answering you direct but please do know, I couldn't have done it without
you.  Thank you.

The vet agreed he was looking much brighter and has asked me to keep
him on 10mg Frusemide (dieuretic to keep fluid down) twice daily, 1.25
Fortekor (for heart murmur) once daily and for now, 25mg Clavaseptin
(antibiotics) twice daily.  He is also to stay off the Pred for now too.
I'm giving him Fucithalmic eyedrops only in his right eye now (he had
been on them for 5 days in both eyes, twice daily to help heal the
ulcers) but his left one is looking a lot better - phew!

He definitely doesn't have diabetes as he had his spleen removed some
time ago (doesn't make sense to me but that is what the vet said - I
probably misheard it).  The biggest problem is the fluid on his lungs and
the inoperable tumour in his belly.  The vet doesn't dare operate as with
his overall state of health right now, he probably wouldn't survive.
Tonight he has been cuddled in my sweatshirt and inbetween GIANT wees on
the floor, sleeping happily.

I'm also now a proud member of the FHL - thank you Sukie.  Both that and
the FML archives have been very, very useful.

Thank you all again.  It always takes my breath away when I see how
wonderful you guys are.

Biggest hugs,
Susan

--
"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic
hallway where thieves and pimps run free,and good men die like dogs.