From:
Deborah Cavanaugh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Apr 2000 22:39:05 EDT
Hi all,
Although I do not post much, I read all of your letters here on the FML,
and have rejoiced in health and cried in sadness and illness with all of
you.  You are all so kind in helping one another to get thru all our
problems and I just wanted to say your the best.

With great sadness I am saying good-bye to one of my beloved babies.  Over
the past few months "Maui" has been thru insulinoma, bladder infection,
grief of losing long time cage mate, new mates coming in, and yet he was so
sweet thru everything.  The hours I sat holding his head in my hand or his
body wrapped around my wrist within his snuggle sack I think I had more of
a will for him to live than he did.

He had quit eating anything I offered, duck soup, chicken gravy and warmed
wet food too.  A maximum of 1 tsp. of baby chicken at a sitting was all
that he would take, only because I had woke him and dragged him out to
please try something.

I pray that he is dancing and running like the wind and chattering up a
storm there at the bridge because these are the things I longed to see
from him and never experienced them with him.  He came to us a year ago,
old, and blind and attached himself to small stuffies to get the layout
of the house.  after 2 months he did not need them anymore and would come
cautiously to his name or rapping on the floor.  How He loved to get out in
the rich black soil and dig a hole to stretch across or tumble in the grass
just to run and do it again.

Sandee, have a Kohl's bag ready for him, it was his favorite place to be
in front of the stove while we were in the kitchen.  It had that special
krinkle you know.  Have Kato meet him, I know he has missed him terribly.
Tell him Shaker misses the spider rides and will not sleep in their sack
without him here.  They are still "looking" for him.

And tell him I love him and will be there with all my babies one day!