From:
Wayne Gardner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Aug 2005 09:54:23 +0100
Hi

Interesting comments from all re. seizures and with so many possible
causes it is always good to be reminded quite how difficult a thing
they can be to get on top of.

The vet I intitially saw with Bob was, by his own admission, not a small
animal vet and he recommended phenobabitone, an odd choice for what
seemed to be absent seizures.  I arranged to see my regular vet and
approach the subject of sodium valproate or similar medication aimed at
absent seizures.

After an extensive neurological examination the news was not good as Bob
exibited wide spread neurological deficiency.  It is suspected that Bob
has a space occupying lesion.  In order to try and rule out a couple of
other possibilities she has been booked in for sedation under which she
can be x-rayed and have a number of other tests including bloods.

There is always hope but I cannot help feeling we are approaching the
end of Bobs particular road.

Wayne, Lector, Priss, Bob and Brandy.