From:
Linda Phillips <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Sep 2004 12:49:19 -0400
Hi.  My name is Linda and my ferrets are the proud owners of me.  I have
2 ferrets, a male and a female.  Both are sables not quite 4 years old.
My male ferret showed signs of Adrenal disease ( symmetrical balding on
lower back to butt, hair loss in between his shoulder blades, less active
and severe itching).  I took him to the vet to have the Tennessee Blood
Panel done and the results came back positive.  He is scheduled for his
surgery October 1st (sigh).  I am aware of the problems with prostrate
enlargement in male ferrets with adrenal, so I (well, all of us) have
been keeping a close eye on his urination.  He started to pee less and
more frequently and no longer in a stream, so I took him back to the vet
to have him checked for blockage of the bladder.  The vet said he had
no blockage but an inflamed bladder(that is why he is peeing in small
amounts and frequently) and that it was hard for us to see him peeing as
well because the urine becomes clear with adrenal.  Does any one know why
this is?  I did not get a chance to ask my vet, so I am curious to know
why.  If someone could answer this for me, I would appreciate it.  I like
knowing as much as possible about my fuzzies.  Keep us in your thoughts
as we go to surgery.

Happy Dookin', Linda & the wuzzles

With love from me (Pinky)
And the ferret duo Tacoma & Kodo
(Ferrets leave tiny little paw prints on our hearts)
Visit my ferret website @ http://www.hideyhole.org/ferretfrenzy