From:
"Alice D. Barrett" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Mar 1998 09:18:27 -0800
Rachelle & David - Glad you're back!  I agree with you not to purchase a
ferret from a pet store that disturbs you and we would not do it again.  At
the time our breeder had no babies and since we were not on the FML, did
not know about adopting from a shelter.  My friend, Melissa, (Hi, Melissa!)
recently asked for advice after visiting a pet store with crummy conditions
and my advice was not to buy a ferret there.  When I become disturbed by
some pet stores I tell myself not to go into pet stores anymore.  There
must be a better solution.  How can we get pet stores to become receptive
to better methods?  Has anyone on this list had a positive experience
educating pet stores?

Heather - In lots of time and with your love, Mr. Magoo will catch on about
not biting even though he can't hear vocal directions.  However, he may not
carry over this knowledge with people other than yourself or your family.
Be cautious when you have company.  When you play with Mr.Magoo, hold a
stuffed animal between him and your hand and pretend the stuffed animal is
going to "get" him.  He can get the stuffed animal back instead of your
hand.  Keep your hands away from his teeth when he's playing.  This not
only protects your hands but will also teach him that hands are not for
hard play biting.  You may have to move quickly.

Alice