From:
Minta Taylor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Jun 2004 08:36:32 -0700
I was under the impression that distemper can be tracked into houses by
people's shoes, if you visit an area with an animal that has distemper
you can bring it back to your house even if you don't have an animal that
goes outside.  And it can last for weeks, sitting, waiting.  Where did I
get this impression?  Or is it one and not the other (feline vs. canine)?

So I had this impression, and when we moved into a new house last year,
that had been lived in by 5 dachsunds, I made super sure our one lone
ferret had up-to-date vaccinations.  The vet had said, if he's off by a
couple months, it would be okay to give him the booster shot as well.
Just to be sure.  Even though we were having all the carpets replaced...

Minta & Ralphie