From:
mary ann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Jul 2003 07:20:08 -0400
Hey Folks,

My 3 cats have symptomatic Bartonella Bacteria (the bacteria that causes
cat scratch fever in humans) and are being treated with Zithromycin for
a months time.  Apparently this bacteria was up until very recently
considered harmless and symptomless in cats however now they believe this
to be untrue--from my understanding many cats carry this bacteria but
only some come down with stuff like-fever, loss of appetite & lethargy.
Many internet resources I looked into are outdated or just incorrect.

I am told ferrets cannot pick up this bacteria---but I do not know---I am
not convinced--especially if they are still discovering more about this
bacteria.

One of my females (ferrets) recently started displaying similar symptoms
to my cats as listed above.  She is going to the vet but I was just
wondering if anyone has info on Bartonella & Ferrets?

Oh and does anyone know if our weasels can pick up roundworms?

Thank you
Mary Ann

You were once wild here. Don't let them tame you.
Isadora Duncan~~

A wound will not heal until the matter is given words and witness
Clarissa Pinkola Estes~~