From:
Kirk David Pearson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Jan 1995 10:14:49 MST
Did anyone else see the latest ferret reference on the tv show Northern
Exposure?  In one scene of last night's show, where Walt (I think that's
his name -- he's the Wall Street jock turned fur trapper) is showing Ed the
wonders of computers, Walt brings up a database application he wrote which
shows the numbers and types of animals he's caught in different locations.
The screen shows a bar graph of three animal types.  The right bar shows
Minks (boo hiss!) and the middle bar shows ferrets (BOO HISS!).  Not polecats
but ferrets.  I guess that Joel's pet ferret from the New York City episode,
after going wild and starting the now infamous cow-killer (hey, isn't that
a rap album?) gang, must have moved to Alaska to set up a feral ferret
colony :-)

Kirk Pearson