From:
Sue Savage <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Jul 2006 05:01:29 -0700
Last Sunday, the 2nd, we got back from a 16 day vacation.  Sugar, Static
and Gliiter had all lost weight, and we took them to the vet on Monday,
who thought it was just stress from us being gone so long.  Static and
Glitter had lost 4 or 5 oz each, they've gone back to their normal eating
habits and gained the weight back.  Sugar, on the other hand, has not.

I took her back to the vet on Thurs and he did a blood glucose reading
and came back with 40.  He gave her a steriod shot, sub-queued her, and
a prescription for prednisone, thinking she's insolinomic.  She still
hasn't started eating real food.  She takes her ferretvite with no
problem, she loves it!  She take chicken bandit treats off and on.  But
thats it.  I managed to get some Totally Ferret soup in her yesterday,
but not much.  She is drinking water.  Weird thing is, she's still very
alert when awake.  She'll check to make sure her Cheweasel is still in
her hiding place, she'll run around the room for a few minutes, play with
balls, come look out the door.  Any suggestions on getting her to eat?
She's dropped 10 oz since the day before we left.  The sitter isn't sure
when she stopped eating.  She is 5 years old and deaf.

Sue