From:
Jennifer Dowdell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Apr 1998 00:10:29 -0500
Hi All,
Please forgive me if this topic has been beaten to a pulp, but I have been
experiencing some puter problems and have gotten VERY far behind in reading
the FML.

One of my neighbors had to give up her ferret that she has had for 3 years,
(an only ferret) and she knew that I had 3(boys) and thought I would know
best how to care for her.  Well I feel very blessed to have Mckee, she is
beautiful!  A real chatterbox and kisser.  But there is trouble in paradise!
She hates the boys!  She was screaming at them at first when she first came
to live with us a little over a week ago.  Now she more or less yells at
them, hissing and trying to bite them.  I find that whenever I try to put
them together that she will get hurt.  Quigley seems to be extremely rough
and I wonder if they will ever get along?  Winston runs away, while Oliver
will just give chase and roll all over her, pushing her with his body...She
screams, hisses and yells at even this!

The boys have always gotten along, so I am new to this type of problem.  How
much time is necessary for them to get along?  I've been switching the
bedding.  Will they ever get along?  Please help!  Any tips you could offer
would be appreciated more than you know!  Has anyone had a situation like
this and then had a happy ending?

We also have a ferret coming in a couple of weeks that we had planned on
getting before we got Mckee, what if she just gets used to Oliver, Quigley
and Winston and then hates this new fella?

Thanks a lot everyone, please feel free to e-mail me personally!  I think
this is giving me an ulcer, I'm worried!

    Jen, Tony and The Bubble Gum Bum
    Gang...Oliver, Quigley, Winston...And not wanting any part of
    this "ferret" nonsense..Mckee:-)