From:
James Hensley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Jan 1997 15:55:41 -0500
Hi all,
a couple of months ago, people were talking about how you can avoid throwing
out all of the crumbs that ferrets leave behind in their food dish.  I have
used my ferrets laziness (ferrets?) to my advantage.

None of my fuzzies can stand to eat their food in their cage, unless they
absolutely have to.  So they end up jumping through the cage door, getting a
mouthful of food, and eating it under my bed.  That's a lot of work for a
ferret who would rather be chasing my feet.  So I put a second bowl of food
outside of their cage, which is easier for them to get to (one less jump).
Once a day, I pour the left overs from their main dish into the dish outside
the cage (which is empty, or close to by this point), and I refill the dish
in the cage with fresh food.  Voila!  They eat the crumbs first, and the
fresh food second.  I save cash and they can eat faster so they have more
time to wreck my bedroom.  Everyone's happy.

Jimbo, Mia, Pace and Early

PS.  Remember Brad Pitt from Kalifornia?  His name was Early, so I named my
anti-social foot killer ferret Early.  Unfortunately, Early turned out to be
a girl (long story).  Anyone know any women named Early?  How about Earlie?
Erly?  Erlie?  Do you think this will be mentally scarring for her?  (Like
naming your daughter Steve or something?)