From:
Linda Iroff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Apr 2005 07:57:18 -0400
Debbie writes
>I'm just wondering if anyone knows the current status on the
>black-footed ferret population.

The 2005 Ferrets USA annual has an article by Travis Livieri of Prairie
Wildlife Research about the BFFs.  According to the article, 500 BFFs
were counted in the wild in 2003.

Travis will be doing a presentation on the black footed ferret at the
2005 International Ferret Symposium in St.  Louis later this month.  He
will give us an update on the recovery program, and discuss how these
little guys are alike and different from our fuzzies.

There is room for just a few late registrations!  See our web site or
contact me for details.

Linda Iroff
International Ferret Congress
http://www.ferretcongress.org