From:
Karen Young <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 May 2007 14:01:34 -0700
Hi Everybody,

Thank you all for the response to my post. This is an area of the
ferret in which I have no experience and up until now, did not have
the need to know.

Thanks to many of you I have much more information to work with. I will
check into the hormone shot and hopefully will not need a vhob until I
feel she is old enough to spay. I realize that having a liter of kits
is not as simple as the liters of dogs, cats, hamsters or even the
colts I have birthed over the years, but I have thought about breeding
her at some point before having her spayed. I continue to welcome your
input as I learn what is best for my ferrets. Once a jill has reached
maturity, is there any harm in breeding once before spaying? I am not
looking to become a breeder. Just thought that while I have the chance,
I would like to have had the experience. Right now I am grandmothering
a liter of 11 Walker Hound pups born a week ago. My son is a hound
hunter (I know many don't agree with this but you need to be in an area
where the bear, cat and varment population needs to be controlled to be
able to respect hound hunting). My point is that in my 50 years I have
been the mid-wife to many various babies and have never thought to
breed ferrets as I am more called to giving a loving home to those that
need it. Just thought it might be an experience I would like to have
once.

Anyway, again thank you all for your help. Ferret people are truly a
breed apart! May God continue to bless you with the joys of ferret
addiction!!!

--
Karen Young
Ferret Affair