From:
"Barbara A. Hoult (aka Gustafson)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Sep 2006 12:54:33 -0600
Thank you to everyone who replied to my "confused" posting about the
Canadian lines/Canadian teeth.

A couple of posters have said that our Canadian ferrets seem to have a
higher energy level or that they have found them to be more mouthy/bitey
when wrestling/playing.  I found these comments interesting.  My current
three fur-kids also love to play the 'down on the floor - rough and
tumble' wrestling thing with me.  Two of them (Loki & Pippin) do tend
to get a bit rougher and more mouthy and will grab my arm or hand with
their teeth and hang on (never drawing blood or really hurting me
though).  The third one (Spaz) has never laid a tooth on me and will
instead either 'spaz' out and do the war dancing thing or hide under
the coffee table (he's more of a lover than a fighter).

I have to say thought that out of the 15 or so ferrets I have owned
personally over the last 20 years I have found that these tendencies are
there in some and not in others.  Just as some ferrets are stashers and
others are not.

Of the 700+ ferrets that have come through our rescue I have been witness
to a multitude of personalities, colours, shapes and sizes.  Admittedly
most of our surrenders have been Canadian ferrets so I guess I just
assumed that this is typical to all ferrets regardless of Nationality.

Thanks again for everyone's comments.

Barb Hoult
Alberta Ferret Society