From:
Katie Walker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Jul 1996 15:19:36 -0600
Hi!  Wow do I feel out of touch take a vacation and you feel like everything
has just gone outer limits.  I gave up on catching up with FML and have
decided that I will just start where I am and see how things go.

Finally I have the chance to thank Kelleen for the wonderful hospitality
during my trip to Idaho!  I stayed for 4 days with her and and Fang Gang and
had a great time!  AS soon as I get my film back, I am going to have
pictures up on the web of her and her gang, including Rockadoodle, Larry,
Striker, and Two Socks (who stole my heart!  Too bad he scared my little Ian
to death!  I would have loved to have taken him home!)

Details of the trip:

I have been planning on going to Idaho since I first became Rockadoodle's
Godmother.  I wanted to meet Rocki and her love Bobo.  Also I wanted to mean
Kelleen with whom I had become good friends and her imfamous FANG GANG!

Well the week before I was to leave, I lost my George and called Kelleen to
tell her that I wasn't going to come.  I was very upset and didn't want to
have to deal with the trip too.  Well when I called Kelleen was great!  She
cried with me over my lost and gave great support.  She also had an offer
for me.  Well it seemed that she had this baby albino who needed a home and
she couldn't think of a better person than me to give him to.  So a decided
to pack up my Ian and myself head to Idaho.

The flight was a little nerve wracking.  Due to airline stupidity, Ian had
to fly cargo and I was worried about him the whole time, especially in the
heat of Minneapolis and Salt Lake City (where I flew into and then drove to
Boise).  When I got to the airport I couldn't find Ian and was afraid that
he had been sent to Malaysia, but the airport personel had just stored him
special to keep him away from children (Thank God!  I had already lost one
ferret and couldn't handle another loss.)

Well I arrived in Boise (after a long but beautiful drive through Utah and
Idaho) and Ian and I settled in.  I won't sit and go through everything, but
we had a great time (okay I did, but Ian was not all that happy.  He is just
not use to 17 other ferrets and being constantly attacked.  When we got home
he was so happy that he danced about the house for almost an hour.)

Kelleen took us all over.  In between her super busy days we went places I
wanted to go, even if they were a super pain in the ass to get to.  She even
made Ian (and my new addition) collars with bells so that I can always find
them.

Meeting the Fang GAng was quite the adventure.  A few of them decided that I
was a super human chew toy and made sleeping a bit of a trick, but they were
a great bunch.  The shelter kids were great and I wanted to take all of them
home, but only my new baby got to come back.  His name is Cloud Dancing and
he is 9 weeks old.  What a little devil!  He was nice and calm at Kelleen's,
but now...he has decided that the best thing in the world are feet.  He love
to bite them and hard!  WE are working on that with a nice bitter apple foot
spray!  He and Ian are getting along pretty well.  Ian gets to rough once in
a while, but other than that they seems like they will be pals (okay they
will be able to live in harmony.  I don't think that Ian will ever be best
buds with other ferrets.  They are just too wild and crazy for him.  He
likes a nice peaceful life!

Kelleen's parents had me over for dinner.  Her dad cooked steak which was
very good.  Her mom was wonderful.  It is true that everyone calls her mom!
She even introduces herself as mom!  It is great and makes you feel right at
home...

It was with a very sad heart that my stay ended...but I was happy to have
met with Kelleen, Mom, David, Rocki, Bobo, Lightstar, Fancy, Otee, Tribble,
Larry, Striker, Two Socks, Pearl, Casey, Silverado, and the rest of the
gang!  I can't wait to go back!

Thanks again, Kelleen for everything.  You sure have made George's passing
so much easier.

KAtie

--
Katie [log in to unmask]
Technology Information Coordinator/Lecturer

Carroll College
100 N. East Ave.
Waukesha, WI  53186
Phone:  (414) 524-7682
Fax:  (414) 524-7139

                  "Now we start to get into the 80's.
                   Dangerous, dangerous ground..."

                                -John Taylor, Duran Duran
                                 MTV Unplugged, December 1993

   [For George (April 1995 - June 21, 1996).  He was a ferret for all
   times.  And would have loved the 80's.  Keep on dancing my little
   one...be it to Duran or Garth or the choir of angels from whom
   you just stole those bells ;-D.  Ian and I will see you soon.

   I promise to always check the dishwasher before starting a load...]